Friday, November 30, 2007

Propaganda Comes From Both Sides

I've spent a lot of time today over on United Hollywood and, in checking back over here, I realized that my last couple of posts are direct responses to UH articles and therefore may seem to unfairly bash only the Writers.

As everyone should know by now, I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

The Writers' propaganda has my current concern because I just feel like all they are doing is pointing fingers.  I want concrete evidence that they are doing SOMETHING.  ANYTHING.

The AMPTP is taking steps forward.  Baby steps, to be sure, but it's something.  Verrone needs to stop saying "they spent 3 days presenting weeks-old ideas" and instead let us know what -- if anything -- he is actually doing.

Cos, right now, it looks as though he's just taking a break.

Come on guys -- get back into the room and figure this thing out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're all sorry about the situation which has put many of us in a difficult financial and ethical situation. We're all dealing with the pain as best we can, but you lashing out at the writers isn't helping. It hurts us and doesn't appear to be making you feel better.

We get your concerns--you support the writers not the strike. Got it. Our timing was bad. Got it. Verrone should have stayed at the table. Got it.

Now my suggestion is that you step away from your computer and stop blogging. Take a walk, read a book, hang out with friends, write a screenplay, cook a meal. You'll feel better...and so will we.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how unitedwesit would feel if someone told him/her to go away and shut up?

Anonymous said...

I'd thank that person if I clearly had gotten too caught up in a situation and was lashing out irresponsibly. BLT Guy feels helpless. I get that. I feel helpless, too. But his lashing out will not make the situation resolve faster. The process will play out and BTL won't influence it one iota by railing against the writers. So my suggestion is he try to make the best of a bad situation and use his "free" time in ways that are creative or interesting or just plain make him happy.

BTL Guy said...

UnitedWeSit,

Thanks for your concern about my welfare and happiness.

I promise you, get back to work and I'll be well off and quite happy.

Hell, bring in someone with Hollywood labor experience to negotiate on your behalf, and I'll be happier.

(You'll notice i did take the weekend off -- was it good for you, too?)

How's this B*%tch? said...

It's a sad fact that in the minds of the WGA, a troll is a person with a dissenting opinion about any aspect of their action, including the timing.

But, even more sad, is the fact that they want to censor people entirely. I thought that writers were FOR free speech. It turns out they only value their own speech.

We have a right to be upset. We have the right to voice our concerns. I won't ever let anybody make me feel guilty about that.